Sunday, February 19, 2012

Did This MacBook Pro Kill Someone?

Just read an article about how apple's biggest supplier, Foxconn, run by Asia's wealthiest man, is not treating their workers well. Two factories have blown up, killing a few and injuring dozens. They were warned about the conditions leading to this but did nothing. Others have committed suicide, jumping off the factory dorms. Why does a factory need dorms? And did someone who killed themselves, or got injured work on this MacBook Pro I'm typing on right now?

Maybe this all needs to happen so I can pay less for my Mac. Or maybe its happening so Apple's new CEO can pull down over $300 million per year. If I wanted to do something to avoid contributing to the situation do I have a more humane option, or are all electronics companies doing the same thing?

Should I just stick to pen and paper from now on? How are the pen factories treating their workers?

No comments:

Post a Comment