Thursday, March 1, 2012

Things went bad in Airdrie

I was SOME happy to get home. Seeing the family, some friends was great. My sleep is a mess, up till 11 am, sleeping till 7pm. Happy to be home though. Mom and Dad got a couple of puppies so its been fun playing with them. It's either on or off, full bore running around chewing everything, or dead asleep.

I was kinda sad when I heard about a family that lost their baby recently after it was bitten by a husky. The initial report I got was..."Baby eaten by sled dog". That kind of statement makes you wonder what the hell is wrong with people leaving their baby where it can be eaten by a sled dog. I envisioned the big bad wolf swallowing a baby whole.

But of course that's not the case. It wasn't a bloodthirsty pit bull who randomly attacked a baby in a carriage in a park on a beautiful July afternoon.It was a family pet who had bitten a crying baby, perhaps even in an effort to calm the infant. Dogs lift their offspring by the back of the neck to wrangle them. The baby died that night and the family had put the poor beast down today.

Sadly they've lost two members of their family over what is really a tragic accident. There was an outpouring interest for people to adopt the dog but its masters thought that putting him down was best for the family at this time. On the one hand it seems horrible to put a dog down for simply being a dog, but then, I've never had one kill my baby. Accident or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment